Heathly Guilt-Free Sweet Treats!
Raw Chocolate Raspberry Milkshake
This devilishly decadent and delicious smoothie is quite the saintly-sweet-treat with superfood ingredients to nourish your body, provide an energy lift and tantalise your taste-buds!
Serves 1-2 (if you’re willing to share, that is!)
400ml Rice Milk (Hazelnut Milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice.)
1 tbs. Tahini
1 frozen banana
1 tbs. raw Cacao powder
½ tbs. Maca powder
small handful frozen raspberries
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and
bubbly! If not using a high speed blender, add ingredients
a little at a time. Pour into a glass and top with fresh or
frozen raspberries. They’ll sink in the glass so eat them with
a spoon and the sip milkshake through a straw.
You can build on this basic chocolate smoothie recipe by adding a scoop of vegan protein powder; I love Sun Warrior Protein powder. A small handful of spinach or kale leaves also work well and some mixed frozen berries to increase nutrient density, vitamins and natural sweetness!
200g ground almonds
50g raw cacaco powder
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. pink salt
2 organic eggs
125ml rice milk (or plant milk of your choice)
1 tbs. vanilla extract
200ml organic maple syrup
100g chopped dates
8 fresh strawberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Separate the egg yolks and whites.
3. Put the egg whites into a bowl and whisk into stiff peaks.
4. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, cacao powder, salt and mix together in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks, rice milk, syrup and vanilla extract.
6. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients.
7. Fold in the egg whites with a silver spoon, followed by the chopped dates.
8. Pour the mixture evenly into 6 muffin tray cases.
9. Place one strawberry into the centre of each muffin making sure that the filling goes over the top to cover them. 10. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and leave to cool on a cooling rack.